SUBCRIPTIONS WERE DUE IN JANUARY:-
- FULL MEMBERS SHS.2,000
- ASSOCIATES SHS.1,000
- STUDENTS SHS.200
MINUTES OF THE SHACK MEETING HELD ON 11th February, 2017
- Chairman/Secretary: E. Alleyne, 5Z4NU
- Treasurer: H. Patel, 5Z4HP
- Members: M. Beacham, 5Z4BX; D. Mutonga, 5Z4DJ; K. Mutu, 5Z4BV;
- Apologies: Bishop Bill Atwood, 5Z4BS; J. Nyadwe; J. Archer, 5Z4FV; D. Gardner, 5Z4DE; D. Angoya, 5Z4ALN; Kagotho, 5Z4OC;
The meeting opened at 10.15 am.
Minutes of the last meeting
- The Minutes of the meetings held on 3rd December, 2016, and 11th February, 2017, having been circulated were taken a read. It was Proposed by H. Patel, 5XZ4HP and Seconded by M. Beacham, 5Z4BX, that he Minutes be accepted as recorded, which was accepted.
- Mrs Sharon Hayes had been invited to visit us during this meeting to consider the sale of the shack, but she was unable to attend and will meet me next week instead
- Prof. Cato de Savingny, 5Z4/LA9PF, is back in Malindi, and Robin Cook, M0MTB, is to visit us in August or September.
- There has still been no reaction from the CA over our request for an Intermediate License, nor several other matters recently raised with them.
- Kamweti, 5Z4BV, has taken over the monitoring. He reported a lot of activity by Chinese intruders on 7080.2 kHz USB, possibly fishing boats.
- The Rates have been paid and our credit bank balance on 28th February stood at Shs.133,957.90.
- The shack water supply has yet again been broken open, leading to a minor flood. A man has been found to stay in the shack to keep trespassers away and in order to make it habitable a portable lamp will be found, the drains repaired and the water reconnected.
QSL Bureau & Awards
- There was no report.
Any Other Business
- The Chairman reminded members that arrangements must be made soon to take the beam antenna and the tower down.
Date of Next Meeting
- The date of the next meeting was fixed for Saturday 1st April.
The meeting closed at 10：25 am.